I made a copycat of the fiesta lime chicken from Applebees for dinner tonight. Chicken breast marinated in garlic, teriyaki sauce, and liquid smoke. A creamy sauce based on sour cream, mayo, and blackening spices, and a topping of shredded jack cheese. The chicken breast can be pounded into a uniform thickness to make cooking more even.
- Equal parts teriyaki sauce and water, enough to cover chicken
- 1 clove smashed garlic
- splash of liquid smoke
All spices are to taste
- Equal parts low fat sour cream and low fat mayo
- black pepper
- white pepper
- cayenne pepper
- onion powder
- Cook chicken breast in a preheated pan
- Once chicken is approaching temperature, put some sauce and cheese on top.
- Broil in oven or coven pan with lid to melt cheese
- Serve over a bed of corn chip strips